Have you ever ordered a product from Amazon and been amazed at how fast you receive it? Every day, Amazon engineers are relentlessly working to decrease the time between clicking and delivery for our customers. The Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) organization owns all of the software and infrastructure that powers Amazon’s world-class fulfillment centers, including the fundamental data and services that drive our catalog and inventory systems. AFT builds and operates the software, hardware, and processes that run the global network of fulfillment centers. These systems underlie everything we do – tens of millions of items in the catalog, hundreds of millions of items of inventory, and billions of transactions each year
AFT is at the forefront of combining HCD, technology, process optimizations, workflow models, sensors etc. to solve complex operational and fulfillment problems. With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in supply chain, delivery models and customer experience, increasingly complex transportation network, ever expanding selection of products and growing number of shipments worldwide, we have an opportunity to build software that scales the business, leads the industry through innovation and delights millions of customers worldwide. We leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, optimization techniques, machine learning, real time analytics and high volume, low latency, high availability services.
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast paced environment working with smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you – come and be a part of Amazon’s amazing growth story
Our team is looking for top-notch software developers who love listening to our customers, working as a team, and proactively taking the lead whenever necessary. Our mission is to innovate and build scalable and robust software solutions that deliver a great customer experience. These software solutions will directly impact Amazon’s customers from product selection and order placement, to delivering products to our customers as quickly and cost effectively as possible. A successful candidate for this position will be able to build new software from the ground up, create pragmatic solutions for complex business problems, enjoy working closely with operations staff to optimize physical processes, and be willing to occasionally travel to Amazon fulfillment centers around the world. If you are a strong software engineer with a wide range of skills and interests then we want to talk to you.
Key job responsibilities
Our team is looking for top-notch software developers who love listening to our customers, working as a team, and proactively taking the lead whenever necessary. Our mission is to innovate and build scalable and robust software solutions that deliver a great customer experience. These software solutions will directly impact Amazon’s customers from product selection and order placement, to delivering products to our customers as quickly and cost effectively as possible.
What you’ll do?
- · Participate in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services in support of our fulfillment operations and the businesses they support.
- · Participate in the definition of secure, scalable, and low-latency services and efficient physical processes.
- · Work with cross-functional teams delivering on demanding projects.
- · Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- · Understand system inter dependencies and limitations.
- · Share knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
- · 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- · 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- · 4+ years of professional software development experience
- · 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- · 2+ years of professional experience in software development
- · Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- · Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- · Solid experience in OO programming languages such as C++, Java or C#
- · Solid UNIX or Linux experience
- · Experience with scaling and performance of large systems
- · Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- · Obsession with quality and customer experience – attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly