ConvertKit is a creator marketing platform built to empower creators to earn a living online. We help them own their audience and turn fans into customers. For makers, authors, chefs, musicians, athletes, and anyone else making a living by creating the culture we all love, there isn t a better tool for reaching inboxes. More importantly, there isn t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living doing work that matters.
We re on a mission to help creators earn $1 billion using our SaaS marketing platform. We have always been 100% independent and 100% remote. We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, that 25,000+ creators use to earn a living, and we look for people who have enthusiasm and belief in our mission, vision, and values to join our team.
The ConvertKit culture is one where emotional intelligence is valued, radical candor is encouraged, and where everyone works together to uphold a set of shared team principles.
You ll join a small team of engineers responsible for building and supporting ConvertKit Commerce . ConvertKit Commerce allows our users to bridge the gap between growing and connecting with their audience and earning an income. You ll collaborate with other engineers, designers, and product managers to build new features and support existing ones. The Commerce team also supports the organization through billing and compliance tools and projects.
• Own solving problems across the full stack in collaboration with your team
• Actively participate in driving the technical direction of our codebase
• Architect and build features end to end
• Collaborate with with teams across the organization
In your first year, it s possible you ll work on:
• Adding support for new types of digital products, like scheduling or courses
• Improving our reporting to surface important insights to creators
• Integrating commerce features with the rest of our application
• At least four years building software in a team environment or equivalent experience. Years of experience doesn t always capture expertise, so we encourage you to apply if you can demonstrate you re well versed in building software in a team environment
• At least two years working professionally on a Ruby on Rails application or equivalent experience. Years of experience doesn t always capture expertise, so we encourage you to apply if you can demonstrate a confident grasp of Ruby on Rails. Have more experience than that? Even better
• Experience writing code that is accessible, scalable, maintainable, and performant
• Comfortable working remotely in an autonomous environment – you don t mind asking questions and problem solving in public communication channels
• Able to work in US time zones – you don t have to live in those time zones, but you have to be able to collaborate with your teammates during those times
• Belief in our mission, vision, and values
Nice to Haves
• Experience working on a SaaS product
• Experience working with Stripe, Shopify, or other payment platforms and storefront
This job is provided by Shine.com