WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Content Manager is responsible for developing the content management strategy of the GEO Practice Area (PA) and capturing, building and organizing BCG’s intellectual assets on the intranet. This is an individual contributor role that involves engaging with GEO Practice Area leadership to define the content strategy and then leverage it to identify, collect, synthesize, organize and manage organizational knowledge. The role also involves conducting regular content audits to identify and develop plans to fill content gaps, and to share best practices across various topics. The role requires knowledge of the Practice Areas & the GEO specific markets (Latin America, India, South East Asia & China), their business offerings, taxonomy and key stakeholders. The role also requires good understanding of content management process – identifying content needs, engaging with case knowledge champions to source materials, organizing and publishing them on the intranet.
The Content Manager role reports to the Manager of Knowledge & Collaboration Services and has a dotted line reporting to the Knowledge Business Director of the GEO Practice Area.
The GEO PA at BCG works with case teams that supports clients in emerging & maturing markets to help unlock business opportunities that are unique to these markets, the GEO PA focuses on rapidly changing market scenarios, geopolitical environments & building strategies that cater to rising local competition
YOU’RE GOOD AT
- Runs the end to end process of content management lifecycle from identification of key topic/ cases of commercial impact to final development and publishing of the relevant IP
- Helps develop overall content strategy for the GEO PA given knowledge of content management processes and business needs
- Shares best practices across topics teams; able to make direct and specific edits to improve content when appropriate
- Ensures content maps are set up for the identified topics and tracks completeness and availability, helps topics team navigation
- Responsible for content auditing, ensuring proper upkeep of the pages with the most relevant, latest and greatest materials in coordination with the PA Knowledge Team
- Ensuring high quality standards in a given PA and keeping key knowledge sources up to date and ready for use
- Responsible for content map related auditing and reporting
- • Accountable for running the curation process from PA side: Check with targeted case teams – agreed with PA KT to see when it makes sense to engage on curation
- Create and send regular reports on content usage and relevancy
- Plays a role in Expertise management (e.g. ensures the key PA thought leaders identified in Link, our internal expertise finder tool)
- Works with PA leadership to drive content planning needs and help prioritise key tasks pertaining to content availability, dis-semination and analytics.
- Provides regular updates through use of several tools and dashboards to the PA LT and central LT.
- Plays a crucial role in project management of several PA content related initiatives and special projects and constantly strives for innovating the processes by challenging the status quo.
- Plays an active role in recruitment according to business needs
- Provides day-to-day apprenticeship & coaching for junior staff and assists in long term professional development and performance evaluation
- Participates in resource deployment according to business needs
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
• 7+ years of experience demonstrating advanced knowledge and content mgmt.
• Bachelor’s degree required – preferably in business, or related research/analysis-intense field
• Strong understanding of the consulting space and knowledge services and management processes in consulting firms
• Advanced ability to cut through complex structures and build process synergies and efficiencies
• Ability to drive business processes with a diverse and global set of senior stakeholders
• Ability to liaison with other KSS content managers and drive the GEO PA content targets
• Sound business knowledge; advanced KM capabilities with well-developed techniques and approaches
• Expertise in working with regional/global teams and stakeholders, with the ability to learn new industries/functions
• Fluency in English; other languages requested in certain locations
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to interact with internal and external stakeholder while working in a global collaborative team environment
YOU’LL WORK WITH
The Knowledge organization that works in close collaboration with the case teams and other groups within our firm to help create, retrieve, organize, and analyse the knowledge that enables BCG to deliver superior business value for clients. Our role is to be a trusted partner and catalyst for all parts of BCG in building the development of knowledge as a core competitive advantage – and advancing our firm’s reputation as a global leader in business consulting. Ultimately, our efforts create a firm-wide culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration.
Knowledge & Collaboration Solutions team members are the gatekeepers to both internal and external knowledge at BCG. We deliver end-to-end content lifecycle as well as enable unparalleled collaboration across BCG and its clients. We create opportunities for BCGers to increase productivity, efficiency and connectivity by delivering a suite of knowledge and collaboration tools and leverage digital product management, data science and analytics to do so. We equip over 20,000 BCGers around the globe with bespoke access to external experts and a variety of data and research tools to ensure the most timely and relevant information is readily available.
KCS is made up of a diverse and cross functional team of specialists, project managers, and change agents who provide BCG with seamless access to a fully integrated knowledge ecosystem and a portfolio of digital collaboration tools allowing BCG to work smarter while driving commercial excellence and empowering innovation. We rely on team members with a diversity of talents, skills and experiences to keep BCG in the know