• Liaises and cooperate with front office to ensure all areas are ready as per the needs of the department.
• Liaises with banqueting and the food and beverage department to ensure all areas are ready as per the needs of the department.
• Is constantly aware of the room status to obtain maximum vacant rooms for sale.
• Liaise and cooperate with the engineering department for all maintenance repairs to be done in the various areas.
• Completes daily checks of all guest rooms on allocated section and report discrepancies found.
• Checks VIP rooms prior to guest arrival and thereafter daily to ensure that the standard is maintained for the duration of the guest stay.
• Ensures that pantries are properly stocked with linen, guest supplies, cleaning supplies according to the established par stock.
• Ensures all deep cleaning programmes are carried out as per set schedules.
• Ensures that plants and flowers are looking fresh and in good condition and to inform the florist of any touch ups that need to be done.
• Understands and adheres to all fire safety procedures.
• Communicate new or amended procedures to relevant departments / colleagues in a timely manner, ensuring they have been understood.
• To train and coach all housekeeping attendants according to the monthly training plan set-up by the departmental trainer.
• Assists in all inventories, which are conducted on a monthly or quarterly basis.
• Ensures that a complete handover is done at the end of every shift, logging any relevant information or requests