Job Title: Credit Manager
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
The purpose of the Wholesale Credit Risk – Credit Analysis team is to contribute towards building sound quality asset portfolio and a strong risk culture while ensuring that the credit review and recommendation process remains responsive to the customer needs
Assess customer’s business and/or transaction structure through the analysis of business, transactional, market and credit risks associated with the provision of the Bank’s products and services to the customer.
The role works in close collaboration with colleagues within Wholesale Credit Risk sanctioning and Business teams. Ensure credit proposals are complete in terms of information and relevance so as to enable Credit Sanctioning teams to make timely and informed decisions
Proactively manage the risk of the designated portfolio by periodic review, monitoring trends in key credit aspects and take immediate corrective action on breaches or downturn in quality by taking up with client/Coverage/Risk Sanctioning teams
Ensure ongoing adherence to risk policies ad guidelines
They will also need to drive a culture of continuous improvement and maintain an effective working relationship with stakeholders across functions and locations.
What will you be doing?
Provide best-in-class analysis (70%)
- Transform high-level requests into focussed and specific analysis by deep dive analysis
- Structure lending proposals based on observations/ knowledge of client and industry risks
- Prepare well- reasoned & succinct credit proposals highlighting key risks and mitigants to enable decision making
Improve Internal Processes (20%)
- Identify new opportunities for enhancing/ streamlining the process services
- Formulate opportunities into proposals, share with the manager and help implement, where applicable
Team Player Activities (10%):
- Work effectively with peers and management team to achieve shared business objectives
- Contribute to the wider colleague agenda of the BI and Wholesale Credit Risk functions in India, as required
What We’re Looking For
- CA or MBA (CFA/FRM added advantage)
- Prior experience in corporate credit analysis in a bank or related industry
- Ability to generate insights from data and information, assess the risk impact and recommend action
- Understanding of financial statements to enable appropriate interpretation of results
- Deep understanding of Corporate Lending products, Opportunity Assessment and Deal Structuring
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Conceptual thinking – find innovative ways to solve analytical problems
- Ability to deliver accurate results within tight deadlines
- Team work – Commitment and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Oral and written communication skills with ability to translate insight into a coherent story
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Awareness of legislation affecting the Bank and customers (including the Data Protection Act, Companies Act, Insolvency Act, Financial Services Act, Money Laundering and confidentiality regulations, Sarbanes Oxley and Basel).
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone’s contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.