Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker’s engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Associate Manager – Software Development
Roles And Responsibilities
We are looking for an influential professional who is responsible for leading Integration solutions with keen focus on products, processes, and people.
• People leader who drives performance People who leverage and build the talent of their team to consistently increase performance, engagement, and productivity
• Detail-oriented process improvers: Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate
• Collaborative partners: People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in multiple functions
• Analytical problem solvers: People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
What you will do:
• Lead in a global environment supporting teams across locations and time zones
• Lead a team of software developers (C#, .Net, WPF, MVC, iOS, Rest APIs, Microservices)
• Lead people and develop teams, driving high performance culture -motivating others to greatness
• Effectively influence cross functional teams and leaders, managing expectations and holdings other accountable
• Process Leader: Defines, refines, and implements functions which eliminate waste and increases efficiency
• Growth Mindset: embrace experimentation and bring others along on the journey
• Skilled communicator and decision maker who can translate vision, which results in tangible change and outcomes
• Establish a SCRUM framework inclusive of Software & Hardware to meet the unique needs of a solution delivery team
• Identify solution dependencies, mitigate risks, and remove impediments to accomplish sprint goals
• Gather requirements from stakeholders, prioritizing key improvements which lead to positive customer impact and product quality improvements
• Manage and prioritize the backlog for multiple product lines focused on the SOLUTION value and delivery
• Uses business savvy and collaborative techniques to liaison and influence across product lines
• Act as a liaison between customer representatives, technical teams, and other stakeholders within the organization to ensure the objectives and work scope is well understood.
• Help the teams improve the quality of work and refine standards
What you need:
• Strong people management skills – with minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience in team building, talent, and competency development.
• Skilled in following processes for performance reviews, objective setting and recruiting
• 10+ years of experience in product development space
• Practical experience of Agile methodologies – SCRUM, Kanban, LEAN, PP in complex environments
• Effective and proactive communication to facilitate progress and cascade the right level of information to all stakeholders on a regular basis
• Ability to proactively foster relationships with global stakeholders to support projects and understand upcoming needs, issues, gaps, etc.
• Proficiency working between complex systems and matrixed organizations
• Ability to take functional and people leadership
• Flexible to overlap couple of hours with US time zone
• Familiarity with Medical domain standards & FDA requirements
• Excellent Written/Verbal communication skills, fluent in speaking English
• Strong interpersonal skills, people influencing skills
• Excellent organizational and documentation skills
• Open and quick to learn
• Good at stakeholder management
Education: Master’s OR Bachelor’s degree (B.S) OR equivalent in related field
Experience: 12 to 15 years of total experience in product development / engineering
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com