Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Professional Services team, you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
Database Migration Global Delivery (DMGD) team enables and supports global enterprises in their journey from an on-premise database to AWS. You will collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements and will develop and deliver proof of concept projects, technical workshops, feature comparisons, and execute migration projects.
You will be based in Hyderabad and might have to travel globally to ensure customer success.
Employ customer-facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer s environment and drive discussions with technical and business teams
- Analyze on-premise transactional database environment (especially MySQL ), evaluate and plan migrations to AWS RDS, Aurora
- Develop/ Enhance database PL/ SQL scripts to migrate from source database to target database
- Identity workarounds for specific issues and corner scenarios observed during migration
- Automate solutions for repeatable problems
- Develop test plan and test cases to demonstrate database readiness post-migration
- Work closely with application teams to ensure business functionality and Performance needs are met.
- Help design and implement AWS RDS and Aurora architectures and configurations for customer
- Work closely with AWS RDS, Aurora, DMS, and SCT teams to help ensure the success of project consulting engagements with customer
- Consult for the optimal design of database environments, analyze complex distributed production deployments, and make recommendations to optimize performance
- Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
- Conduct technical sessions for internal teams, partners, and customers Required Candidate profile
- 8 years of experience in database development/ migration
- 5 years of hands-on experience with MySQL
Experience in writing and migration Stored Procedures and functions
Experience with databases of 1 10TB in size
Experience with homogeneous or heterogeneous database migrations
Experience in performance optimization techniques
Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or equivalent
High-end Troubleshooting and Communication skills
Amazon, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon in 1995, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers.
Today, Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, and China and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet