Region Head, Strategic accounts
Job summary :
We are looking for a Regional Head, Strategic accounts to lead a team of Account Managers responsible for the growth and development of some of the most influential sellers on the marketplace.
The ideal candidate thrives in an ambiguous environment where they must develop, implement and iterate on business strategies to deliver growth and positive experience for sellers.
The candidate should be hands-on, detail oriented, have relentlessly high standards and operates as a business owner who understands key levers to achieve results through their team.
The candidate has a passion for people management and is at their best when they’re building, developing and guiding high-performing teams.
In this role, the candidate will be responsible for driving his Account Management team’s strategic business and operational objectives.
The candidate will drive the creation and execution of strategies to achieve business goals through his team by focusing on selection expansion, leveraging Fulfillment channels for faster delivery, developing merchandising strategy and improving catalog quality.
The candidate would need to actively collaborate with other stakeholders like Category Management, Fulfillment, Finance, Product & Advertising teams to align programs and initiatives to identify potential growth avenues and drive seller success.
The position is based out of Amazon India, Gurugram office.
If you are interested in growing brands and businesses on Amazon, we’re interested in talking to you
Key job responsibilities: Business Growth :
• Contribute to goal setting for your team to align with organizational goals.
• Contribute to business strategy development and identify correct input metrics that drive growth and improve the end customer & seller experience, in collaboration with crossfunctional teams and other Amazon programs.
• Possess the ability to manage and deliver against complex goals where strategy is not defined. Able to make tradeoffs between short term seller needs and longerterm strategic investment.
• Implement and track metrics to record the success and quality of your team’s sellers. Use these metrics to guide your work and uncover hidden areas of opportunity.
Relationship Management :
• Build and cultivate strong relationships with sellers in your team’s portfolio along with internal stakeholders; be a trusted advisor and a business advocate.
• Monitor seller satisfaction survey results to investigate both positive and negative feedback trends. Establish improvement plans and manage expectations with Account Managers as appropriate.
Process Excellence :
• Use customer feedback, market growth trends, and analyze key metrics to contribute to strategic development of features and programs that accelerate seller’s growth and improve their experience working with Amazon. Spot areas of unnecessary process or inefficiencies and work to simplify.
• Identify, optimize, and scale improvements that can benefit a large set of customers, e.g. driving efficiencies through tools and processes, simplifying SOPs, etc., working across multiple organizations. Develop mechanisms to create accountability.
• Manage a team of Account Managers (68 direct reports)
• Act as a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand business needs of sellers in an everchanging business environment. Contribute to strategic plans and documents for the organization.
• Partner with external teams including Category Management, Fulfillment, Finance, Product & Advertising teams to align programs and initiatives to drive growth.
• Manage to recruit and hiring efforts across direct team and broader organization. Coach, mentor, and develop your team