Job Title: Huge Hiring for Software Development Engineer – Alexa MultiAgent
Pay Package/Salary: 21000 to 38000
Work Exp: 1-5 years
Organization Name: Amazon
Job Location: New Delhi, Delhi
Qualification Required: 10th, 12th, Graduation or Any
There will be multiple successful intelligent agents with expert capabilities that customers value. Our team builds customer and developer solutions to connect these agents with Alexa and each other. Our vision is that these agents will work together to make customers lives easier and more fun. Our team is looking for highly-motivated and passionate engineers who will thrive in high ambiguity, and invent at a fast pace by building centralized capabilities that many enterprise customers can use, to build their own voice assistants.
THIS TEAM IS A GREAT FIT FOR YOU IF
• You enjoy working with a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that are working together towards a common goal.
• You empathize with customer needs and are interested in working on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers and has a meaningful impact to their functions and interactions.
• You d like to be directly responsible for solving real customer problems.
• You learn new skills and domains quickly, are a self-starter and thrive amidst challenges.
• You want to have fun; surround yourself with a pool of talented engineers that solve complex problems and balance it with their passions.
Key job responsibilities
As a software developer you can expect to:
• Understand requirements, look around corners, and solve for ambiguity in a complex problem space that has not been tackled at this scale before.
• Work with other engineering teams who are aligned to the same goal with many opportunities for cross-team influence, architecture, and collaboration.
• Build a customer facing product from the ground up and deliver it to market quickly.
• Be a key contributor in setting the teams technical direction, best practices, and plan for the years ahead.
• Build the core backbone infrastructure and platform of services leveraging key AWS capabilities.
• Be a technical leader & driver for high standards and implementing the best practices.
• Lead design creation and design reviews.
• Define, design, and implement multi-tier distributed software applications.
• Estimate support effort, plan implementation of quality features, and rollout system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles.
A day in the life
We value balance and believe it’s critical to thrive. It isn t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; the flow you establish brings energy to your work and your life. On a typical day you can expect to meet with your team, manager and product leader during stand up to check in and seek guidance on your work, review requirements, make progress on your effort to develop a high level design for an ambiguous problem, meet with peers in other teams during office hours to learn about their service and seek guidance to integrate your service or to add / modify features, write code to develop a new feature, run an end to end test, trouble shoot your code and learn from the large community of engineers and scientists who work on similar problems. Team lunches, huddles, happy hours, and virtual games and fun are woven into the book ends of you work days. Mentorship & Career Growth Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future. Inclusive Team Culture Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
About the team
Our software development engineers work on hard problems and build solutions that are becoming the standard for voice-first interactions across devices, enterprises, and customer segments. We apply distributed computing, large-scale design, big and real-time data processing and service-oriented architecture to build next-generation technologies that change how millions of consumers interact with ambient devices and Alexa. We offer a place where engineers can deliver at a high bar and scale. In this role you will be working with Senior & Principle Engineers and deliver software that’s both developer and consumer facing.,
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability for large scale distributed systems.
• Experience in working on AI, Machine Learning – Masters Degree in CS or related field
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs.
• The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Prior experience in developing voice software or AI services
• Experience working in a highly distributed engineering system
• Demonstrated success in understanding dependencies, identifying risks, and proactively unblocking your work to deliver results on time
• Experience in handling high severity events to resolve and root cause issues