The Last Mile Technology (LMT) organization is responsible for the final leg of a package’s delivery journey through our carrier called Amazon Logistics (AMZL). The group also handles ultrafast deliveries for Prime Now, Fresh and Whole Foods. We are a global carrier currently in 16 countries across the Americas, Europe, India, Far East and Middle East. Our customers include end customers receiving packages, station associates, station operators, and drivers.
The person in this role will lead the technology platform that supports all in-station processes worldwide. The leader owns systems which manage the entire lifecycle of a package inside a delivery station. In this role to deliver large scale complex business and technology programs, the leader partners with multiple organizations across LMT, Core Transportation, Middle Mile, Fulfilment Technologies, Robotics, Global Specialty Fulfilment (GSF) and WW Operations. The leader owning this space will create the product and technical vision, and guide the teams towards successful execution. In addition to developing and operating these systems, this leader will be responsible for innovating in the under-the-roof space; enabling more efficient operations, pursuing large scale automation, and helping the business scale while maintaining a high bar on quality and experience.
As an added responsibility, the leader will be the India Site Leader for DTO.
The ideal candidate will attract, retain, and develop the highest quality talent. S/he will provide strong technical guidance to ensure the right technology and architecture decisions are being made and provide continuous product innovation to delight customers with world-class under-the-roof experience. This candidate will be a product visionary with a strong track record in leading innovative teams that can not only build algorithms and systems for delivery programs worldwide but also build innovative product features to create a state-of-the-art last mile delivery network. Operational excellence is key, as the systems owned by this organization directly affects experience of end Amazon customers.
• 10+ years of experience building and managing development teams that design and deliver large mobile applications and/or distributed systems.
• 5+ years of experience managing and effectively operating a complex system that is highly reliable and scalable.
• Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering.
• Experience leading several engineering teams for a distributed organization with several dev centers.
• Experience developing long-term vision and strategy, and influencing leadership decisions.
• Deep understanding of how their functional systems interface with – and depend upon – systems throughout the company.
• Exceptional and effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Proven ability to hire world class talent and foster an environment of innovation.
• Ability to manage and influence organizations of both technical and non-technical members.
• Deep knowledge of current software design and development methodologies, processes, best industry practices and techniques.
• MBA or advanced degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
• Experience with developing software for managing large scale Transportation and Logistics Operations.
Company – ADCI – Haryana
Job ID: A1751683